Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Little Baby Moccasins Pattern and Tutorial

Ok guys!  It's here it is!!!  I know a lot of you have been waiting for it; sorry it's taken me all day to get it up.  Like I said earlier, little Eme is teething and is therefore really not in to me doing much else then hold him.  And even when I'm am holding him he's fussy, fussy, FUSSY.  I may just be a little bit insane right now.  Poor guy has at least four teeth coming in though. :(
Anyway!  Let's get on with the....


Woohoo!!!

This is the first crochet pattern that I've ever put together for another person to be able to read and follow.  Generally, when I'm making a pattern it's all kinds of shorthand that only I can follow.  So, what I guess I'm saying is this:  If you come across any problems or get stuck at some point, please email me or comment here and I will fix whatever it is that I messed up!  haha! 

Also, I'd like to thank  Mon Petit Violon for allowing me to share her sole pattern.  (The soles of these moccasins are from this pattern.)  The rest of the pattern is mine. :)


Size:
0-6 months, app. 10 cm foot length.
Materials:
Aprox. 10 g of light weight yarn for color one . 
Aprox. 20 g of light weigh yarn for color two.
Crochet hook size “D” (or size needed to obtain gauge.)

(The turquoise/brown yarns are Patons Silk Bamboo in Sapphire and Bark.  The pink yarn is a bamboo blend that I can't remember or find the name of.  I will figure it out and post it later.  Sorry about that! The pink yarn is Natually Caron Country in Rose Bisque.)

Gauge:
4 sts = 2 cm or 5 sts = 1 inch

Stitches used:
st(s) – stitch(es)
ch – chain stitch
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sl st - slip stitch
dc2tog - double crochet two together (not sure how to do it? video tute (not mine) here.)

Using color 1.
Sole:
Rnd 1: ch11, hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 7 sts, 6 hdc in last ch, work on opposite side, hdc in next 7 sts, 5 hdc in last ch, join with sl st in 1st hdc.
Rnd 2: ch1, hdc in next 8 sts, 2 hdc in each of next 5 sts, hdc in next 8 sts, 2 hdc in each of next 5 sts, join with sl st in 1st hdc.
Rnd 3: ch1, hdc in next 8 sts, (2 hdc in 1 st, 1 hdc) 5 times, hdc in next 8 sts, (2 hdc in 1 st, 1 hdc) 5 times, join with sl st in 1st hdc.




Upper:
Rnd 4: ch 1, in back loop only, sc in next 4 sts, dc in next 7 sts, dc2tog 4 times across 8 sts, dc in next 7 sts, sc in next 19 sts, using 2nd color yarn, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 5: ch 1, working in both loops, sc in next 4 sts, dc in next 5 sts, dc2tog 4 times across 8 sts, dc in next 5 sts, sc in next 19 sts, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 6: ch 1, sc in next 4 sts, dc in next 3 sts, dc2tog 4 times across 8 sts, sc in next 19 sts, join with sl st to 1st st.



Cuff:
Rnd 7: ch 3, (skip 1 st, dc in next st, ch 1) repeat around, join last ch 1 to 2nd ch in the ch 3. (fish net st)



Rnd 8: ch 2, 2 dc in ea sp, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 9: ch 2, dc in ea st around, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 10: ch 2, dc in ea st around, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 11: ch 2, dc in ea st around, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 12: ch 2, dc in ea st around, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 13: ch 2, dc in ea st around, join with sl st to 1st st.
Rnd 14: ch 2, dc in ea st around, join with sl st to 1st st.  If you want to make the top ruffley, continue with next line, if not, tie off and weave in ends.

For Ruffled Edge:
Rnd 15: (ch 3, insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, sc 1, sc into next st) repeat around.  Tie off and weave in ends.






Tie:
Make a chain 80 sts long,weave in to fish net st sps, then attach poms to ends. (if desired.)
OR
Use a ribbon.


Repeat the process for the second moccasin and this is what you'll end up with!! :)

 
Hope you guys have fun!!  If you guys do make any of these PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE send me a link or a picture so that I can see them!! :)

Also, I prolly don't need to say this, but, this pattern is for personal use only, please don't sell them.  If you want to share the pattern with others, feel free, just direct them to my site to get it!  Thanks all! :)

I'll be linking to the parties on the side bar! :)

20 comments:

  1. These are adorable...I can't wait to make them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY!
    I have been despretly loking for a baby bootie crochet pattern that has a cuff!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern for these adorable booties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Thank you so much for the pattern! I will be whipping up a pair of these tonight! I will link to your blog when I get them up! Thank you again! Did I mention you are AWESOME?

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this! I can't wait to make them for my BFFs baby shower coming up! Thank you!!

    www.livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. How generous of you! They're gonna spread like wild fire, I'm sure! They're so precious!

    I hope you'll link them up to Fibers on Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these booties! Thank you for the great tutorial! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    And I'm a new follower :)

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to make these! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. These are so cute! Can't wait to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the most darling things i've ever seen! Did you by chance not write down some dc stitches in rounds 4 & 5 (after finishing the dc2tog)or is it just me? I unraveled and started over twice but still ended up wrong if I followed the pattern exactly, finally on the second one I decided possibly the dc stitches were omitted from the pattern. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peachspudnut, it's entirely possible.. Before I posted, my eyes were the only ones to have looked at the pattern. That's why I said to tell me if there are any probs in the pattern! So, Thank You!!! I will check and figure out what the issue is and will post any corrections.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peachspudnut, Yup! You were entirely correct! I'm assuming you fix was to work 7 dc and 5 dc after the dc2togs on each round? Sorry for the confusion! I've fixed it. Thanks for notifying me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great job, those are so cute! I'm featuring this over at womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the brown and blue ones you knitted previously. I love the pink and brown thanks so much for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so sweet! I will be linking up at www.tangledhappy.blogspot.com tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so want to figure out how to make in an adult size. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern for these darling baby moccasins. I got the link from Sara at Tangled Happy, and fell in love. I made a pair, and even though I made a little mistake, the turned out so cute, I had to post them on my blog. You can see them here:
    http://turtledovecoo.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweet-little-baby-moccasins.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Made my first pair of these and love them! You can see a pic here: http://yarnoveronce.blogspot.com/2011/03/gifts-for-baby.html
    Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing the pattern freely. I don't suppose I'd crochet at all if I couldn't find free patterns that are also beautiful and useful. Thank you, thank you.
    ~ t.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you did. :)